October is OVER.
Ugh, my favorite month and it was my most enjoyable as well! I really, really loved it. Book wise and personal wise it was really good. My mental health was definitely down for a bit and I was scared. The most scared I’ve been for awhile but in the second half it made a return and I feel better.
I decided that since this month is the most bewitching of all that I would only read scary/books that go bump in the night.
Lmaooo, I don’t know if that was the brightest since I’ve been having some WILD nightmares. I had fun though.
I also wrote a miniseries that I have been dying to do about women who write horror books. It’s been a really great month.
I turned 30, I met somebody, and I’m going to end this year with a bang 🙂
So let’s go ahead and wrap this month up book style shall we?
- Book Review: Coraline by Neil Gaiman – journey into the world of the other mother. a truly creepy children’s book. 🎃🎃🎃🎃 4/5
- Book Review: Working Stiff: Two Years, 262 Bodies, and the Making of a Medical Examiner by Judy Melinek and T.J. Mitchell – interested about what hapens after you die??? don’t want to wait that long? WELL, HERE’S A BOOK FOR YOU. 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃 5/5
- Book Review: The Witch of Willow Hall by Hester Fox – witchy hell broth goodness (shout out to my good friend mariah) 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃 5/5
- Book Review: Zombie Fairy Tales by Kevin Richey – cinderella arrives to the ball, half dead, dressed in a burial gown 🎃🎃🎃 3.5/5
- Book Review: Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper by J.L. Bryan – let’s go bust some ghost shall we?? 🎃🎃🎃 🎃 4/5
- Book Review: The Mystery of Black Hollow Lane by Julia Nobel – if Harry Potter had a non magical sister 🎃🎃🎃 3.5/5
- Book Review: The Shining by Stephen King – one of my favorite King novels and possibly his best 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃 5/5
- Book Review: A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay – unfortunately this book was not for me – 🎃🎃 2.5/5
- Book Review: Drawing Blood by Poppy Z. Brite – blood, lust, love, murder. escape to birdland. a gothic erotica that will devastate and enchant you. 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃 5/5
- Book Review: Light as a Feather by Zoe Aarsen – watch the show in this case 🎃 1/5.
- Book Review: The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris – my favorite comfort read ❤ 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃 5/5
- Mini Book Review: Ghost: Thirteen Haunting Tales to Tell by Illustratus – this is horrifying actually 🎃🎃🎃🎃 4/5
- Manga Review: Happiness Volumes 1 + 2 by Shuzo Oshimi – Would you choose to die or become a vampire? VOL 1: 🎃🎃🎃 3.5/5 VOL 2: 🎃🎃🎃🎃
- Book Review: Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley – scarier than i ever imagined 🎃🎃🎃🎃 4/5
- Book Review: The Witches by Roald Dahl – read up before the remake comes out!! 🎃🎃🎃🎃 4/5
- Book Review: The Seance in Apartment 10 by Ambrose Ibsen – this has been done before – 🎃🎃 2.5/5
- Witchy Lightning Fast Reviews – some fast reviews for you!! pew pew
- Lightning Fast Review: The Echoing Green and Other Stories by David Jordan – i wrote this honest review in exchange for a free book provided by the author 🎃🎃🎃🎃 4/5
- Book Review: The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson – let’s talk about a haunted fucking house shall we 🎃🎃🎃 3.5/5
Favorite Horror Books by Women
I’m so proud of myself for finally writing this. Thank you to all the authors for writing such amazing work and to everyone who supported these posts. It means so much to me!!
- Favorite Horror Books by Women: Part I
- Favorite Horror Books by Women: Part II
- Favorite Horror Books by Women: Part III
Series of the Week
- Series of the Week: The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids by Debbie Dadey, Marcia Thornton Jones, John Steven Gurney (Illustrator)
- Series of the Week: Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
- Series of the Week: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- Series of the Week: Goosebumps by R.L. Stine
- Juliet’s Corner: Fluffy’s Happy Halloween by Kate McMullan
- Juliet’s Corner: Click, Clack, Boo!: A Tricky Treat by Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin
- Juliet’s Corner: Seed, Sprout, Pumpkin, Pie by Jill Esbaum
- Juliet’s Corner: Silly Vampire, Werewolf and Zombie Jokes & Riddles by Seymour Simon (Goodreads Author), Dennis Kendrick (Illustrator)
Unicorn Blood & Dittany
- October Life Update – I have depression and anxiety and sometimes the world overwhelms me. I’m not alone and neither are you.
- #BEAutumn2019 Series: Braving New Worlds – Video Game worlds I would dare brave
- BeAutumn2019: Every Witch Needs A Familiar
- A.E. Lily Presents: My Favorite Horror Animes
- My Favorite Found Footage Movies
- on this day, at this time, a goddess was cut from the womb – I turned 30!!! My birthday ❤
- BeAutumn2019: Haunted House 10/22 – reaaal scaryyyy
- 400 Followers – I hit 400 followers!!!
It’s been a fun month and I’m glad to have you all join me for it. We’re nearly at the end. What does November have in store for us all?
Later days my babies ❤
Have a happy and SAFE Halloween