I’m throwing shade like it’s sunnnyyy
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive and inspirational all while spreading sunshine throughout the blogging world.
For some reason I was nominated. It’s truly an honor, thanks much @bookswhitme !
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 Questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1.What is your favorite throwback book?
Forever and always Drawing Blood by Poppy Z. Brite. This book is so dark, so goth, so emo. Absolute perfection when you read it when you’re a sad 17 year old. The prose is purple and beautiful and it will always be one of my favorite books.
2. What’s your favorite book series?
I’ll always credit Fear Street as to really getting me into reading so much. Before that I was always meh on books. Babysitters Club as well. Say hello to your friends, babysitters club.
3. Are you a writer? If so, what project are you working on now?
I am, I’ve been on and off but I’m working on a story now about necromancy, death, fun stuff. I’ve written some short stories and poems.
4. What’s the best 2019 book release have you read so far?
There’s way too many. I really enjoyed Don’t Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno and Grimworld by Avery Moray.
5. Describe your perfect reading environment (location, weather, type of book)
My bed, storming outside, murder mystery hell yes.
6. Do you have a favorite author? If so, who are they and why?
Billy Martin whose dead name is Poppy Z. Brite. He no longer writes but his stories are enchanting and they really brought to life the heart and life of New Orleans and I badly want to go visit because of him. I read his books to TATTERS.
7.So many of us started out reading and listening to favorite fairy tales. Tell us your favorite!
You know I don’t really remember having a favorite fairy tale. I do remember this one book I loved as a kid called There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly. It was kind of dark lmao but most kids stories are honestly!
8. Your last 1 star book?
Ugh, look. I LOVE horror. Love it. What I don’t love is meaningless gore and rapes and abuse. I hate the splatterpunk genre so why I read this book I have no idea but Hellsworld Hotel was awful. Just sickening.
9. What series do you wish would be adapted into a television series or series of movies?
I don’t really read a lot of series books 😦 Imo they usually go on way too long. For a book definitely The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle.
10. What’s a book adaptation that you were disappointed in?
Harry Potter, I’M SORRY. The movies were not good. I wish they would re-do them.
11. When did you first fall in love with reading?
Definitely around 3rd grade with my Babysitter Club books. My mom bought me a huge pile of them and one day I just dove in.
- What book would you want to see made in to a movie?
- Do you have any bookish pet peeves?
- What character do you hate the MOST?
- If you could travel to any fictional world, where would you go to?
- When you’re not reading what do you spend your time doing?
- Pancakes or waffles?
- Hot or cold weather?
- What was the last book you highly recommend?
- Is there a book you wish you could read for the first time again?
- If you could meet any character from a book, who would you meet?
- What’s the best looking book you have on your shelf?
So, I know most of you have been nominated so disregard if you’ve already been lmao.
My Fab Nominees!
Happy blogging 😀